Events @ The Barracks
The Railway Barracks is suitable for anyone who is looking for a place to hire for a gathering which will involve an overnight stay.
It is a boutique venue which can offer you the flexibility in designing your own event. Whilst many choose to have packages, especially when it comes to weddings, the Railway Barracks can enable you to be bespoke, so you are not obliged to use any particular supplier.
Your booking at the Barracks will include:
- Exclusive use of the entire property, including all bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen, hall, dining room, deck and gardens.
- Accommodation for up to 44 people in a combination of bunk, twin and double rooms.
- Bed linen.
- Towel hire (additional charge – or bring your own).
- A function hall suitable for dining up to 75 – 100 guests (depending on table configuration), plus an additional dining room which can comfortably hold a further 36 guests.
- Use of the ceiling mounted projector and drop-down screen.
- Use of Apple TV (please use your own ID).
- Hall LED coloured lighting.
- Access to the SONOS speaker system using the Sonos App on your mobile phone / iPad.
- A large combustible fireplace in the hall.
- Fully equipped kitchen, with complimentary use of the equipment in the kitchen.
- A large deck for outside entertaining.
- Outside lighting.
- Parking outside the property.
Items you will need to arrange are:
- Decorations if you wish.
- Additional furniture hire depending on the number of guests.
- Entertainment, DJ etc.
We have a beautiful hall which can host your wedding reception, with a kitchen that can be used for catering and plenty of space for your guests.
Dance Workshops / Socials
Wooden floors + no neighbours = perfect for your Latin, Swing, Tango or Ballroom dance events.
Hear that? Neither do I. We are perfectly located between the hustle and bustle of Sydney and Canberra in a quiet, isolated location. Perfect for Yoga, Mediation and Wellness retreats. Find your inner zen 🙂
Automotive & Bikes
We’re close to Wakefield park (about 10 minutes drive) and have plenty of space for parking cars and bikes.
Got an office in Canberra and an office in Sydney and want to meet in a neutral location? We’re in the perfect spot for your corporate retreat or party.
We are surrounded by train history, being opposite the Goulburn Rail Heritage Centre and having a Southern Aurora railway carriage (NAM 2328) as a feature, as well as many rail memorabilia located inside the property.
Picture this. You’re surrounded by nature and quietness, the words and paragraphs flow freely through your finger-tips onto your 13″ Macbook Air, forming part of your beautiful novella.
There is plenty of room in our hall to set up a LAN party. We have fridges to store all your drinks and snacks, plus if you run out, it is only an approximate 3 minute drive to the shops.
We are detached property, with our nearest neighbours 100 metres away, so you don’t need to worry as much about noise. We have plenty of accommodation, so no one needs to drink and drive. We also have a kitchen for catering in the hall for your Christmas celebrations.